Home | Teaching Jobs in Japan | Acronyms in ELT | ELT Articles | Directory of Resources | Metric Conversion
Teaching English in Japan: Directory

Teaching English in Japan

Resource Directory

Search Directory  
Japan Directory Home » Employment in Japan » Taxes for Expats in Japan

A U.S.-based firm specializing in taxation of U.S. expatriates.

Resources for information on offshore investments, tax shelters, more.

Banner Japan K.K. is a Japan licensed securities sales agent. Tel: 03 5724 5100

Tokyo-based US-CPA providing low-cost US income tax compliance service for US citizens and taxpayers living in Japan. Over 15 years experience, inlcuding Big 4.

David Lewis prepares US income taxes for Americans living in Japan. Over 15 years experience, based near Osaka.

Japan-based income tax service for US citizens residing abroad, including delinquent or late filing, IRS audits or notices of change.

Find the average rate of exchange of foreign currencies. This official source is recommended by the IRS in finding the exchange rate for your yearly income when filing taxes.

Japanese government guide in English.

US-based company provides income tax preparation for US citizens living and working overseas. Enrolled Agent (EA) with 10 years experience. Affordable fee for students and teachers in Japan, yet excellent professional service.

US tax filing service and financial planning services.

Up until 1993, if you did not file a tax return, you lost the right to claim the foreign earned income exclusion, meaning that all the foreign income would be considered taxable, and, in addition, penalties and interest could be assessed. However, a 1993 Treasury Decision permits you to take the foreign earned income exclusion for any tax year no matter when you file so long as no tax is owed; file a tax return for each year in question and put at the top of each Form 1040 the words "Filed Pursuant to Sec. 1.911-7(a)(2)(I)(D)".

Non-official guide in English to taxes in Japan. Includes principles of the Japanese Income Tax System, an overview of Japanese Social Contributions, tax examples, and a glossary of Japanese income and tax related terms.

US-certified Public Accountants specifically focused on individuals living outside the US who need US income tax assistance.